Windows 10 is a very popular and feature-packed operating system. People, who are new to this completely overhauled operating system, may not know how to sign out from Windows 10. There are several ways to sign out of the user session in Windows 10. Let’s go through the best methods for signing out from Windows 10.
First Method: From the Start Menu
- Press the Win key from your keyboard or hit the Start button located on the screen.
- When the Start menu comes up, click on your user avatar. It will be located in the left pane.
- From the pop-out menu located in the left side, select the last option called Sign Out.
Second Method: From the Power User menu
- Firstly you need to open the Power User menu. To do so, hit the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
- Or else, go to the Start button located in the extreme left of the toolbar, and right-click on it.
- If you have a touch-enabled Windows 10 device, then long press and release the Start button.
- From the menu, go to the second last option named shut down or sign out and place the cursor on it.
- Alternatively, hit the U key from the keyboard.
- Now, another menu will pop out.
- Select the last option known as Restart.
- Or else, just press the “i” key from the keyboard.
Third Method: From the Shut Down Windows Dialog
- Go to the desktop.
- Hit the Windows + D keys at the same time.
- Close all the applications that are open.
- Now, you need to launch the Shut Down Windows prompt.
- Hit the Alt + F4 keyboard keys at the same time.
- Click on the pull-down menu below “What do you want the computer to do?”
- Choose the second option: Sign out.
- Now, click on the Ok button at the bottom.
Fourth Method: From the Windows Security Screen
- Hit the Control + Alt + Delete keyboard keys at the same time.
- Now the Windows Security Screen will launch.
- Select the second option called Sign out.
Billy Mark is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Billy has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.