No doubt, Windows 10 comes with lots of amazing features among the users. Window 10 is doing some updates in each of latest feature. Recently, Microsoft has changed the privacy settings in their setting section. In the starting with Windows 10 1803 April Update, there are more methods, and it will help to control file access permissions in Window 10 apps. With the help of these changes, you can also restrict or deny UWP app access to the files stored in your necessary documents and pictures section. Alongside, you will be able to lock down apps and deny permissions to the full file system.
Steps to Change File Access Permissions on Windows 10:-
- In this process, you can start with from an app-by-app basis or multiple apps at once.
- Go to the Settings > Apps > Apps & Features to find the apps list that you have installed on your system.
- Tap on the app from the given list and then click on the Advanced Options link.
- Move to the next screen, under the App Permissions section, toggle the switches on or off for which files you wish the app to have access.
- Each of the apps varies, but you can select to allow or deny access to libraries such as- Pictures, Videos, or Contacts, or Documents.
- To restrict permissions to files from multiple apps, you need to Settings > Privacy.
- Scroll down in the left-pane and select the library which you want to restrict – Documents, Videos, or Pictures.
- Then move to the right-pane, you will find an option to turn off access to all of the apps in one fell swoop here.
- Or, scroll from the apps list and turn off the ones that you don’t wish to have access to that library.
It also remembers that you can restrict all of the apps access to the entire File System. No doubt, it is a “nuclear” option and comes with Documents, Videos, Pictures as well as synced files in the original OneDrive folder.
This new feature will also provide you with more control over what apps can access your files. If it is not perfect. However, it is a safe mode to assume Microsoft will continue to change on its Privacy settings section as Windows 10 continues to mature.
This post will guide you for how to change file access permissions for Windows 10 apps. Please don’t skip any step to avoid any issue.