After uploading files and folders to OneDrive, you can move them to different folders, or files to keep it organized. iOS users can organize their pictures, documents, and other data stored in their OneDrive.
They can do this by moving folders or files to a different location within OneDrive. Here’s how:
Move a Folder
- In your iPhone or iPad, locate the OneDrive application and tap on its icon to open it.
- Now, after launching the app, you will be prompted to sign in to your account, if you are not already.
- Tap on the Sign in button and enter the email address and password for the account associated with OneDrive.
- Now, go to the lower portion of the screen and tap on Files.
- Now, you will be able to see all the files and folders on the Files screen.
- Find the folder in which the folder you wish to move is kept.
- Tap on the folder and open the menu by hitting the three horizontal dots icon present in the top-right side of the screen.
- From the list of options, pick Select Items.
- Just select the folder by tapping on its icon.
- Now, go to the destination folder, and press the Select this location option.
Move a File
- Unlock your iOS handheld and locate the OneDrive app in the home screen. Tap on it.
- When the application opens, tap on the Sign in button if you are not logged in already.
- Key in the OneDrive password and email ID and hit the Sign in button.
- Tap on the Files option located in the lower tray.
- From the list of all documents, files, and folders, move to the location where the file you wish to transfer is stored.
- Now, tap on the file you wish to move, and select it.
- In the next prompt, navigate the folders, and select the folder you wish to move the file to.
- After selecting the destination of the file, hit the Move button located in the bottom-right side of the screen.
Move several files and folders simultaneously
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate the home screens and locate OneDrive. Tap on its icon to launch it.
- Hit the Sign In button located at the center of the screen.
- Enter the email and password for your OneDrive account and log in.
- Now, go to Files located in the bottom tray.
- Browse the folders and locate the files and folders you wish to move.
- Tap on the folder where the sub-folders and files you wish to move are kept.
- Open the menu by tapping on the three dots located at the top right edge of the screen.
- Choose the first option from the list- Select Items.
- Now, just tap on the circles located next to the files and folders to select them.
- Now, just select the folder you would be moving the items chosen to.
- Hit the Move button located at the bottom right corner.
- All the files and folders will be shifted to the new destination.