Chromecast is an audio and video streaming player developed by Google. Using this, you can cast music or video onto your TV or home theatres for the ultimate audio-visual experience. Users can control the content that is played on the devices using mobile or web-based apps.
If you like streaming content, then Chromecast is made for you. Chromecast allows users to cast flicks, TV series, pictures, and web pages from Windows or Mac computers, and Android and iOS mobiles and tablets to the TV. To do so, one just has to click on the Cast button located in Google Chrome on their system or just press the Cast button from a compatible application on their smartphone or tab. Upon doing so, the movie, image, etc., will appear on the HD TV.
Moreover, it is a child’s task to set up a Google Chromecast. A lot of other media streaming devices are somewhat tricky to set up. But, this is not the case with Chromecast. So, here is how you can set up Chromecast on an iOS device:
- Take the Chromecast’s cords and adapters and connect it to the TV.
- Insert one end of the USB cable into the Chromecast and the other end into TV’s HDMI input.
- You can connect the USB power cable to the Television’s USB port. Or you can use the power adapter and connect it to any power outlet.
- Power the television on.
- Now, you need to change the inputs on the TV and choose HDMI input for the Chromecast.
- Press the Input or Source button located on the remote and change the input.
- Check which HDMI port the Chromecast is connected to, and select that HDMI input.
- Now, you need to make sure that Chromecast and the iOS device you are using to set up Chromecast with are connected to the same wireless network.
- Go to the Settings, and select Wi-Fi. Hit the network’s name and connect to it.
- Open the App Store application on the device.
- Go to the Search bar.
- Enter the following text into the search bar: Google Home.
- Now, press the Get option located beside Google Home.
- This will fire up the app installation process.
- Open the application when it gets installed.
- Select the option for setting up a new Chromecast.
- Tap on the Home button.
- Open the Settings application.
- Go to Wi-Fi and tap on Chromecast.
- Now, tap twice on the Home button.
- Launch Google Home.
- Check whether the code displayed on the television is the same in the application.
- Change the name for the Chromecast.
- Tap on the home network.
- Enter the password for the same.
- Now, you can cast to the Chromecast using compatible applications.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.