iCloud is undeniably another source to back up the device. But the iPhone users are reporting about the iCloud Backup is Greyed Out problem. It is sure that the situation must be full of panic because the user cannot turn on the facility. Though there are other ways to back up the device in other services like iTunes, iCloud is more convenient, and hence nobody would like to lose it.
Well, don’t fret anymore as the guide is here with some useful methods to fix the iCloud backup is Greyed Out problem. Follow the methods carefully and fix the problem occurring in the iCloud. So let’s proceed further to see the methods and solutions to solve the iCloud Backup is Greyed Out problem.
How to solve iCloud Backup is Greyed Out
Remove Private Profile
The profile in the iPhone devices can cause issues with wireless network hence removing the profile can fix the problems. The method includes the solution for iCloud Backup Greyed Out.
- Tap to open the Settings of your iOS device.
- Go to General section and go to the Profile.
- Delete the listed profiles.
- Now check the settings if the iCloud Backup can be enabled.
Disable Restrictions in Settings
The Network Restrictions on iPhone could be another reason for iCloud Greyed Out the problem.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap the General option.
- Go to the Restrictions option.
- Tap the Accounts button and proceed to Allow Changes.
- Check if the problem is existing or not.
Try to Free up the Cloud Storage Space
The developer company, Apple has offered the 5 GB of cloud storage space in your iPhone data. If the cloud storage is stuffed with unnecessary items or old backups, then it could be the reason for this problem. Hence try to free up some space in the cloud storage.
Reset the Network Settings of your iPhone
The method to reset the network settings of the device is also a solution to troubleshoot the iCloud backup is Greyed Out problem. Since a bug can create a problem in the network settings of the device, it will result in the iCloud problem is appearing continuously.
- Tap to open the Settings app in the phone.
- Select the General option.
- Tap to open the Reset section and proceed to tap Reset Network Settings.
- Here, the operating system may prompt you to enter the passcode.
- Enter the passcode and proceed to tap Reset Network Settings.
- The method may fix the problem.
Fixing the Problem with iTunes
The iTunes facility can also be used to fix the problem of iCloud Backup is Greyed Out.
- Connect the iPhone with a computer system.
- Open iTunes and go to Summary.
- Now, click the iPhone.
- Under Backup and go to the Automatically Backup section.
- Now, select iCloud.
- Remove the iPhone from the computer.
- The iCloud backup must not face the problem again.
Try Updating the Software
The updates of the operating system in the iPhone resolve many errors, problems and issues occurring in the device.
- Hence tap and open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Go to the General section.
- Tap to select the Software Update.
Factory Reset the Device
When nothing works, then factory reset becomes the only solution which can bring the desired results.
- Open the Settings app of the device.
- In the General section and tap on the Reset button.
- Now select Erase All Content and Settings.
- In this way, you will lose the existing data from your device.
The iCloud Backup is Greyed Out problem will be fixed if followed the steps carefully. iCloud is necessary and nobody would want to lose the fantastic cloud storage. Hopefully, you have cleared up all the problem and issues appearing in the iCloud Backup.