Irrespective of how you like to organize and manage tasks, creating reminders is quite an efficient solution. If you have a device running Windows 10, then you can easily use Cortana to set reminders. You can merely trigger her and ask her to create a reminder. For example, use the wake word, “Hey Cortana” and then say “remind me to cut my hair at 5 PM.” Here are some other ways to create basic reminders using Cortana on Windows 10.
Creating basic reminders using Cortana
- Launch Cortana.
- Click on the menu option on the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Reminders or go to the Notebook tab and click on Reminders.
- Now, hit the plus icon located at the lower right-hand side.
- Fill up all the details.
- Add a picture if you want.
- Click on the Save button to add the reminder.
Here’s another quick way to set up a reminder from the search bar:
- Click on Cortana.
- Now, just input the reminder in the search option.
- Hit the Enter key to finish adding the task.
- Creating Cortana Reminders from Sticky Notes
- Click on Sticky Notes
- With the help of keyboard or mouse, make a note.
- The digital assistant will identify and mark the relevant text in blue.
- Select the text you wish to add for creating a reminder.
- Now, select the Add Reminder option from the lower portion of the note.
- Make the relevant changes.
- Hit the Remind button to confirm.
Creating Photo Reminders via Cortana
Handheld gadgets users can snap a photo of any product, a list that is written on paper and set a Cortana reminder. Here is how you can set up a photo reminder:
- Launch Cortana.
- Click on the menu icon located at the upper left-hand corner.
- Now, select Reminders from the list.
- Hit the + add new reminder option located at the lower right corner.
- Now, select the Add photo option.
- Select Camera to snap a picture of the object or list.
- Hit the Save button to set the reminder.
Billy Mark is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Billy has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.